Our Greenplan Nursery sells a wide range of ground covers, grasses, trees and shrubs local to the Wollongong area and wide Australian natives, at subsidised prices to ratepayers in the Wollongong LGA (Local Government Area).
To keep staff, volunteers and the community safe, the nursery is CLOSED to the public and normal Plant Sale Open Days have been suspended until further notice.
If you recently ordered plants with our trial COVID-19 process, deliveries will be made on a set schedule:
- Corrimal to Helensburgh: Tuesdays.
- Towradgi to Figtree/Coniston: Wednesdays.
- Mount Kembla/Port Kembla to Dapto: Thursdays.
- Plants cannot be collected from the Nursery, home delivery only.
- Allow up to 10 business days from payment to delivery.
- Contactless delivery by Council staff.
- Plants will be left on your property e.g. front porch.
- You are not required to be home for delivery.
Return your plant pots
We happily accept the return of our council supplied pots for reuse. If you no longer need them, help reduce waste to landfil and return them to us at the next plant sale. Please note that we do not accept pots purchased elsewhere.
Plants for schools and community organisations
Every financial year, not-for-profit primary and secondary schools and community centres in the Wollongong local government area can request up to 30 plants to be donated from the Botanic Garden's Greenplan Nursery.
We cannot accommodate requests for specific plants. Included in the donation will be a mixture of native grasses, ground covers, trees and shrubs from our available supplies. If you have a specific plant request you can puchase plants directly from the nursery as a special order (see 'Purchasing Plants' below).
Submit your dontation request
If you are interested in receiving free plants for your school or community centre please complete the following:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a donation.
Note: we cannot accommodate requests for specific plants.
- Once your request has been approved, please confirm your collection date and time.
Collection times are Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9am, 9.30am to 12pm or 12.30pm to 2pm.
* Please allow 10 days notice from your approval to allow our team to prepare your plants for collection.
If your school or community centre would like to purchase specific plants you can come to an upcoming Plant Sale (dates listed above), or email us at email@example.com with your request for a special order detailing the types and quantity of plants required.
Collecting plant donations
* Bring a letterhead from the organisation or school authorising you to collect the plants on their behalf, along with photo ID. Plants cannot be collected without this.
- Visit our Nursery: 63 Northfields Avenue in Keiraville (Gate 8) at your agreed collection date and time (see above).
- Ensure you have an authorisation letter and photo ID.
- If the gate is locked when you arrive, call 0419 273 818.