CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Our Greenplan Nursery sells a wide range of ground covers, grasses, trees and shrubs indigenous to the Wollongong area, at subsidised prices to ratepayers in the Wollongong LGA (Local Government Area).
On the third Friday of each month (excluding December) we host a Native Plant Sale between 7.30am and 2.30pm. We also have two Saturday sales on 30 November 2019 and 7 March 2020.
Upcoming Plant Sale dates
- Friday 15 November 2019
- Saturday 30 November 2019
- Friday 17 January 2020
- Friday 21 February 2020
- Saturday 7 March 2020
- Friday 20 March 2020
- Friday 17 April 2020
- Friday 15 May 2020
- Friday 19 June 2020
Qualified horticulturalists are on site during the sales to provide helpful advice on plant selection for your garden.
Plant stock list
A week prior to each plant sale, we'll update the native plant species stock list so you'll know what will be available for sale.
Worm farms and compost bins are also available for purchase, and the Friends of the Wollongong Botanic Garden will be selling exotic species to raise funds for future projects in the Garden.
Plant stock sizes and prices (until June 2020)
- Small Tube Stock: $2.30 each
- Forest Tube Stock: $3.10 each
- Jumbo Tube Stock: $4.10 each
- 140mm - 6” Pot: $7.90 each
- 200mm - 8” Pot: $14 each
- 250mm - 10” Pot: $20 each
- 300mm - 12” Pot: $37 each
- Compost Bin: $51 each
- Worm Farm: $94 each
Payment by card (not AMEX) or cheque; cash not accepted.
Please ensure you bring your rates notice to every plant sale day as a proof of Wollongong City Council residency.
We happily accept the return of our council supplied pots for reuse. Please note that we do not accept pots purchased elsewhere.
Our Greenplan Nursery is located on Northfields Avenue in Keiraville, with free parking on site. On sale days we will highlight the entrance of the car park with bright flags.
Plants for schools and community organisations
Every financial year primary and secondary schools, and not for profit community organisations in the Wollongong local government area can request up to 30 plants to be donated from the Botanic Garden's Greenplan Nursery.
We cannot accommodate requests for specific plants. Included in the donation will be a mixture of native grasses, ground covers, trees and shrubs from our available supplies. If you have a specific plant request you can puchase plants directly from the nursery as a special order (see 'Purchasing Plants' below).
Submit your dontation request
If you are interested in receiving free plants for your school or community centre please complete the following:
- Email email@example.com to request a donation.
Note: we cannot accommodate requests for specific plants.
- Once your request has been approved, please confirm your collection date and time.
Collection times are Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9am, 9.30am to 12pm or 12.30pm to 2pm.
* Please allow 10 days notice from your approval to allow our team to prepare your plants for collection.
If your school or community centre would like to purchase specific plants you can come to an upcoming Plant Sale (dates listed above), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request for a special order detailing the types and quantity of plants required.
Collecting plant donations
* Bring a letterhead from the organisation or school authorising you to collect the plants on their behalf, along with photo ID. Plants cannot be collected without this.
- Visit our Nursery: 63 Northfields Avenue in Keiraville (Gate 8) at your agreed collection date and time (see above).
- Ensure you have an authorisation letter and photo ID.
- If the gate is locked when you arrive, call 0419 273 818.