This summer, we’re introducing a new, exciting music program to our event calendar called Sunday Sounds. It will be a free community event where garden visitors are treated to a mix of musical performances every Sunday (weather permitting) between 2pm to 4pm.
We believe Sunday Sounds will:
• create performance opportunities for emerging artists
• add a vibrant new performance space within the city where musicians can perform solo or in groups.
We are currently seeking musicians and singers to perform as part of Sunday Sounds.
You can be a student musician or singer wishing to gain some performance experience right through to a commercial artist with years of experience and an interest to perform to a crowd within the beautiful garden setting. You may be a solo performer, or part of an exciting musical group.
To express interest in performing as part of the Garden’s Sound Sounds program, please complete the Sunday Sounds Expression of Interest Form
to be considered.
We will start reviewing and responding to applicants from mid-late October.
In order to apply you must:
- Ensure that performance is appropriate for mixed general public including young families and children.
- Have an invested connection to the Wollongong community and Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Have previous experience in music and/or performance.
Student musicians are also encouraged to apply.
- Submitting an EOI does not guarantee your inclusion in upcoming events.
- Wollongong City Council encourages participation by everyone regardless of age, gender, disability or special requirements. Where practical and affordable, we will endeavour to provide appropriate requirements and devices that enable equal access for all performers.
- All successful musicians and vocal artists to perform at no cost to Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Successful applicants will be notified by email or phone.
The musical line up will be released on this page towards the end of spring. Stay tuned for updates.