From December 2019 to February 2020, the community enjoyed a relaxed Sunday afternoon at the Wollongong Botanic Garden listening to a free live music performance, featuring talent from our region.
The line-up featured a different performer in a different part of the garden each week, spanning an eclectic array of musical styles and abilities from solo performers, bands and choirs.
This was a trial program, currently under evaluation. Stay tuned here, or on our Facebook page for future updates.
Interested in becoming a future performer?
You can be a student musician or singer wishing to gain some performance experience right through to a commercial artist with years of experience and an interest to perform to a crowd within the beautiful garden setting. You may be a solo performer, or part of an exciting musical group.
To express interest in performing as part of the Garden’s Sound Sounds program, please complete the Sunday Sounds Expression of Interest Form
to be considered.
In order to apply you must:
- Ensure that performance is appropriate for mixed general public including young families and children.
- Have an invested connection to the Wollongong community and Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Have previous experience in music and/or performance.
Student musicians are also encouraged to apply.
- Submitting an EOI does not guarantee your inclusion in upcoming events.
- Wollongong City Council encourages participation by everyone regardless of age, gender, disability or special requirements. Where practical and affordable, we will endeavour to provide appropriate requirements and devices that enable equal access for all performers.
- All successful musicians and vocal artists to perform at no cost to Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Successful applicants will be notified by email or phone.