Cornelius O'Brien settled at Bulli Point
Cattle stealing was said to have been carried on to some extent at Bulli.
Robert Sommerville opened a sawmill in July
About this time a company known as the Bellambi and Bulli Coal Company was formed.
A Sunday school was in operation, it was taught by Messrs. Sommerville and Salter in the house of Mr & Mrs Salter.
A School of Arts called Bellambi & Bulli School of Arts was opened.
A Roman Catholic School was conducted by a Miss McNamara in a slab building.
The Bulli Coal Company officially opened its mine on the mountainside west of Bulli Point.
Overseas trade started when the Ironside carried the first shipment of coal to Shanghai.
Wheeled vehicles began using the Bulli Pass.
The Uniting Church was built for the Wesleyans of the Bulli district.
The miners campaigned for extra pay as compensation for the larger coal skips which had been introduced by the Manager
Bulli Pass Road was built
The board of the Bulli Company donated fifty pounds and land valued at one hundred pounds for the establishment of a public school in July
Alexander Ross, Richard White and Samuel Smedley were appointed to the School Board
The Bulli Post Office was opened on 1 October 1869
Bulli grew to have five stores
Archbishop Polding travelled to Bulli in July to bless a new school-church being erected
The Bulli Mine Disaster occurred on the 23 March 1887 - 81 men died.
The Wollongong to Clifton section of the South Coast railway was opened
The Bulli Hotel opened its doors for business on the 6 September 1889
The abandoned Bulli "B" Pit was reopened by Messrs. Williams and Garlick on 11 February 1891
The first shipment from Bulli Pass collliery was made on 2 June 1892
Bulli District Hospital opened on land given by Mrs George Organ
The "B" Pit was renamed the Bulli Steam Coal Company by a Mr Evans
Bulli Shire proclaimed on 15 May 1906
In April severe gales raged off the South Coast and swept away the greater portion of the Bulli Coal-loading jetty.
Bulli Shire Council secured a town water supply for the Bulli area about 1910
An electricity supply was obtained from South Bulli Colliery for lighting homes and streets
Shire of Bulli amalgamated with the City of Wollongong, Central Illawarra and the Municipality of North Illawarra to form the City of Greater Wollongong
About this time the Australian Iron & Steel Company undertook the formidable and costly task of re-organising and modernising the old Bulli Colliery and its outmoded rail transport system
Bulli show society formed. The first annual show was held at Slacky Flat the following year.
Baby health centre opened.
Bulli branch of the Wollongong City Library opened.
Bulli Woonona RSL club opened.
15 bed female ward opened at Bulli hospital. This year also marks the centenary of Bulli Public School.
Bulli Miner’s Cottage advertised for sale as a development site. Eventually deemed to be of heritage significance and purchased by Wollongong City Council.
Ray Hannah, a Sydney car dealer buys a tract of land stretching from South Thirroul to East Bulli, which will eventually become the site of an application for large scale housing development at Sandon Point.
Conservation plan for Bulli Miner’s Cottage released, with the recommendation that it become a Miner’s memorial museum.
Development application lodged for subdivision generating 14 house sites at Hill Street Bulli. This application is the first stage in a proposed housing development by Stockland’s. The application causes immediate controversy.
100th anniversary of Weber’s Lookout, Bulli Tops.
Council rejects stages 2-6 of the ongoing Sandon Point development application. Stockland challenges this decision in the Land and Environment Court. The court eventually decides in favour of the development, subject to a number of conditions being met.
A Commission of Inquiry recommends scaling back the development at Sandon Point.
Production ceases at Bulli Tile and Brick works. Industrial Heritage assessment carried out, deeming the site top be of local industrial heritage significance.
The NSW government grants conditional approval for continuing development at Sandon Point, subject to its being scaled back to 181 lots in total with 60% of the development area to be retained for open area and public space.
Development consent granted for a new Southern Gateway Tourism and Information Centre at Bulli Tops.
In a landmark decision, the Land and Environment Court overturns state government approval for further Sandon Point development on the basis of climate change considerations
Southern Gateway tourist centre to go ahead after a $13 million funding injection from the Federal Government
Cavion's Scrap Yard relocating to Nowra after Bulli site was purchased by Woolworths for development (Illawarra Index)
The inaugural Bulli Markets held at Bulli Harness Club were well attended in April (Illawarra Index)
Bridge over intersection at foot of Bulli Pass is being constructed (Illawarra Index)