What is Community Information?
Community Information is ‘information for everyday living’. The Directory provides information to the public about local community groups, organisations, services, programs, courses, facilities and events that are available within this community. This service aims at supplying the public with current and accurate ‘information for everyday living’.
How can you find this information?
The Service is free and the information can be sent to you by email
, given to you over the phone or when you visit the library. Contact the Community Information Service on 4227 7414 or drop in to Wollongong Central Library. Our Branch Libraries can also help you with your Community Information enquiries.
Is the information available on the Internet?
Yes. All this information is also available free of charge on the Internet. Log on to the Community Information Directory
and search by the name of the organisation or service you are looking for, or simply type the word that best describes the subject you are looking for i.e. child care or soccer.
How is the information collected and stored?
The database contains information about more than 1500 Wollongong community-based organisations, in areas such as health, welfare, sport, culture, hobbies, government and child care. The database is updated regularly and organisations are contacted every twelve months to ensure the information is up-to-date. If you would like to have your organisation or group included on our database please contact us.
What type of questions can the service answer for you?
We receive lots of calls from people in the community who need help finding local services and facilities.
Some frequently asked questions are:
- Are there any playgroups in my local area?
- Who runs a support group for Alzheimer’s disease?
- I am having a dispute with my neighbour. Who can I go to for help in resolving it?
- How do I become a JP?
- What bus services are there in my area?
- Where can I get emergency accommodation?
- Is there a camera club in Wollongong?
- Where can I get respite care for my disabled relative?
- Are there any social groups for retired people in my area?
- Is there a service which transports frail aged people to essential appointments?
- Where can I go for information on family planning?
Community Services Space
The Community Services Space is located in Wollongong Library. It offers community service organisations a bookable space to facilitate community outreach and access to information.
Are you a local community group, non-profit or government service? Please fill in the form below to book our space.