Imagine a city where you can pick up a book from the mall, a park, at the leisure centre or in a community centre and all without needing a library card! Wollongong is that city.
Otherwise known as Outdoor Libraries or Little Libraries, Book Boxes are part of a worldwide movement to increase access to literature and provide opportunities for book re-use.
Our Book Boxes are for community members and visitors to enjoy, at no cost. Wollongong City Libraries invites you to take a book to read or leave one of your own for someone else.
Where are they located?
- Beaton Park Leisure Centre, Gwynneville
- Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre
- Bulli Senior Citizens Centre/Bulli Preschool
- Cringilla Community Halls
- Crown Street Mall - lower Mall
- Koonawarra Community Centre
- Memorial Park, Corrimal
- Port Kembla Community Centre
- Stanwell Park Children's Centre
- Warrawong Community Centre
For more information please contact your local Library.