To become a member of Wollongong City Libraries you must agree with the Library’s conditions of use and the following:
- to be responsible for my conduct as the person holding the library membership
- to be bound by the Library Regulation 2010, which applies under the Library Act 1939
- to comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968
- to comply with the Conditions of Use for the Internet (Scroll down)
- to pay promptly any fees or charges that are incurred
- to give immediate notice of any change to my registration details
- to accept responsibility for the suitability of items or services that are utilised
- that my membership card is not to be used by any other person
- to be responsible for the conduct of my child/children and for the suitability of information they access through the library, including through the Internet.
Applying for Library membership requires you to provide ‘personal information’ as defined in the Privacy Act 1988.
The Library needs this information so that it can provide Library services. The supply of this information is voluntary; but without it some services will not be available.
This information will only be used within Wollongong City Libraries, unless the library needs to use or disclose your personal information for law enforcement purposes or if otherwise required by law.
The Library is required to collect and retain this information and to record that documentation supporting your application, where relevant, has been sighted.
You have the right to request access to and/or correct any personal information concerning you held by the Library.
Routine corrections, changes and enquiries should be directed to phone 4227 7428.
You can change your PIN at any time by logging into the library catalogue